11 years of professional experience as a 3D Artist and Director with involvement in all facets of the production pipeline. Focus placed on producing high quality work that exceeds client expectations within a limited timeframe. Ability to conceptualize the visual direction of a project in addition to applying established designs. Experience working in small and large team environments and coordinating efforts with overseas studios.
February 2009 - Present
- Currently employed as Animation Director on a variety of feature, broadcast and commercial work
March 2008 - December 2009
Senior 3D Artist
Projects: Animal Planet's "Beasts of the Bible", Discovery Channel's "Asteroid Tracker" and "Mighty Ships", Toronto 2015 Pan American Games Bid, TIFF Promo's for clients including "Cineplex Entertainment" and "Bell Lightbox"
- Responsible for coordinating efforts with an international team of artists
- Communicating with Directors and Producers ensuring their vision is realized
- Proactive task management ensuring project delivery on time
- Self motivated work in a team environment
- Multi-tasking requiring strong skill versatility
- New software learned and incorporated as required
March 2007 - March 2008
Project: Emmy Award Winning Nick Jr. Series "The Backyardigans"
- One year contract position focused on animation of established Characters
- Extremely strong emphasis placed on character personality and performance
- Blending different animation styles requiring a high level of versatility
- Dance sequences involving translation of live footage to keyed animation
- Responsible for managing multiple deadlines on concurrent episodes
- Always met or exceeded weekly animation quota
GRAVITY VFX CANADA
October 2004 - March 2007
Projects: History Channel's "James Cameron Presents: The Exodus Decoded", Life/Slice Series "Yummy Mummy" and "Party Mamas", Web series "Gemma", International Commercials for clients including "Orange", "India", "Cincinnati Bell" and "Points.com"
- Employment involved with a multitude different project types
- Feature/Series/Commercial calibre of work demanded and delivered
- Animation and rigging of all characters/objects (Quadruped, Biped, etc.)
- High efficiency in series production involving demanding deadlines
- Strong organization/workflow required with large and complicated scenes
April 2004 - June 2004
Project: DVD Feature "G.I. Joe: Valor vs. Venom"
- Difficult and dynamic action scenes requiring a strong use of silhouette
- Visceral impact of movements involving proper weight and pacing
- Speed and quality required to meet fast paced deadlines
Completed February 2004
3D Animation - Diploma Gratuated with Honours
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST